HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN SKINCARE REGIMEN
September 06, 2019
Healthy skin isn’t necessarily passed on to you based on your genetics, it can also depend on how you take care of it and it’s not a one-size-fits-all thing. Creating your own skincare regimen will not only save you time but will also provide you with a daily routine that you can trust.
- Find your skin type – You need to know if your skin is oily, dry, combination, or sensitive. Notice the ingredients in the products you use and see how they react or visit a professional to help you figure out what your skin type is.
- Cleanse – This one’s a no-brainer. You can’t have healthy skin if the bottom layer of your skin isn’t clean. Find a gentle cleanser that suits your skin, takes out the dirt and oil, and makes you feel comfortable in it.
- Toner – While this step isn’t necessary, a toner helps the skin absorb skincare products and also hydrates it.
- Moisturize –To keep your skin soft and hydrated, it’s important to find a moisturizer that suits your skin and stick to it.
- Serum – If you want to go the extra mile, add a serum to your routine and use it religiously.
- Sunscreen – Make it a habit to use sunscreen even if you’re not going out in the sun. Long hours in front of the laptop screen can also be harmful for the skin and sunscreen can protect any potential damage.
- Don’t forget to take off your makeup – Don’t be lazy when it comes to taking your makeup off. No matter how sleepy you are, taking a few minutes to wipe off all the chemicals from your face will be not only save your pillow cover, but your skin too.
- Know your limit – Don’t wash your face fifty times a day or use moisturizer ever hour to keep your skin healthy. Create a routine for everything and get yourself used it and make changes along the way if needed.